Looking for a way to simplify your wedding planning?
With so many programs, applications and tools available, picking the most useful ones can be overwhelming.
These 13 tools are only a fraction of what's out there for you to utilize, but we believe that this selection represents the best of the best.
Prepare to streamline your wedding planning process!
When it comes to organizing your wedding thoughts and ideas, there really is no better place than Pinterest! Creating your dream wedding is easy with Pinterest acting as your virtual pinboard. See something you love? Pin it to your wedding board. Browse though other people's pins, surf the World Wide Web, or upload images right from your computer. Need inspiration? Check out what other people are sharing. When you follow someone their pins will show up in your feed, giving you a daily dose of wedding inspiration.
Pinterest's coolest features:
1. Easily share your wedding mood board with friends and family.
2. Quickly get feedback from the wedding party regarding your choice of bridesmaids dresses, decorations or venue.
3. Great tool for discovering DIY decor ideas.
Google Docs is by far one of the most useful tools for anyone planning a trip down the aisle. If you're after an easy way to communicate everything from your guest list and budget to your to do list and vendor research, then it's time to get on board with Google Docs. Simply create a spreadsheet and share it with your hubby, wedding coordinator or wedding party. This way everyone can add, edit or reference anytime, anywhere. A great way to cut down on time spent on the phone, leaving you free to get on with the more important wedding tasks.
Google Docs coolest features:
1. Share files or folders with anyone, and choose whether they can view, edit or comment on your stuff.
2. Create and reply to comments to get feedback and make files more collaborative.
3. Access your stuff wherever you are - at home, in the office or on the go.
Perfect for style savvy modern brides everywhere, Style Me Pretty covers everything from beautiful real weddings to all the best wedding service providers available. Featuring no end of stylish wedding related content you'll be pouring over this site for days! If you're looking for wedding ideas and inspiration that goes beyond cookie-cutter expectations and is both thoughtful and personal, then Style Me Pretty will help you along the way. Plus the sheer amount of DIY projects is outstanding!
Style Me Pretty's coolest features:
1. Real weddings to get you in the mood for your own special day.
2. Fashion look book filled with the most incredible wedding dresses and bridesmaids dresses a girl could ever want.
3. Little black book or wedding vendors ranging from individually run boutiques to A-listers.
As one of the fastest growing wedding and event companies in the USA, Wedding Wire is an efficient tool that is not to be missed by anyone in the throes of wedding planning. Finding the perfect vendors for your special day is not an easy task, but Wedding Wire makes the entire process a breeze. Search, compare and book from over 200,000 up to date wedding vendors. From caterers to photographers, they've got it covered. There's also a whole host of practical online wedding planning tools including wedding websites and checklists.
Wedding Wire's coolest features:
1. Personal planner to help you plan with confidence and ease.
2. Enter your zip code and find vendors right on your doorstep.
3. Interact with fellow bride and grooms to be on the active and insightful forums.
Why spend hours trawling the web for all the different things you need for your wedding when you can find them all in one easy to navigate place? The Knot, along with its sister site Wedding Channel, literally has everything you could ever want or need. From wedding ideas and vendors to gift registries and honeymoons. One of our favorite features has got to be their online planning tools to help keep your wedding planning on track. Best part? They're all free! Thanks to their checklists, budget calculator and guest list manager, you'll have everything taken care of in a heartbeat.
The Knot's coolest features:
1. Get inspired by fellow knotties and upload your own wedding photos.
2. The Knot wedding apps so you can use your wedding to do list whilst on the go.
3. Comprehensive wedding planning content and interactive tools.
There's no need to play email ping pong with your friends, family or wedding coordinator, when you can simply drag and drop all your wedding related photos and documents straight into your Dropbox folder. All you have to do is download Dropbox, and then ask whoever it is you want to share files with to do the same! With the simple click of a button you can create a shared folder meaning all your wedding documents will sync to everyone's computer whenever they're online.
Dropbox's coolest features:
1. Share documents and photos easily
2. Never lose anything as it is all backed up on Dropbox.
3. Access all your files from anywhere in the world.
Remember everything with Evernote! If you've got a habit of forgetting things, Evernote will come in handy. By helping you to remember and act upon your ideas, projects and experiences, Evernote lets you capture anything you come across that you may want to include in your wedding. Use it with every computer, phone or mobile device out there and keep everything in sync. Did we mention it's free!
Evernote's coolest features:
1. Nifty web clipper lets you cut out text, images and links from your favorite web pages.
2. Make notes using the awesome voice recording tool.
3. Collect research from anywhere into a single place.
Brides is your all in one source for wedding planning, wedding ideas and inspiration. Whether you need help finding the perfect dress or tux, need ideas on how to wear your hair, or simply want to connect with local vendors, Brides is to the rescue. If you want something a little more tactile, Brides also offers the world's largest bridal magazine subscription. With creative reception ideas, luxurious gowns, DIY stories and loads more, Brides takes your hand and leads you through the entire wedding maze.
Brides coolest features:
1. Unbelievable sweeps and promotions for you to win.
2. Free bridal gifts when you subscribe to the Brides magazine.
3. Virtual wedding planning tools such as the Brides Dressing Room.
Are you working your ass off to create an authentic wedding full of intention and personality? If so you're going to fit right in at Offbeat Bride. Apart from being a website, Offbeat Bride is also a book and an online community. Updated daily with tons of real offbeat non traditional weddings, advice and inspiration, Offbeat Bride gives positive encouragement to couples trying to retain their identity through the drama and pressure of wedding planning. If your planning a wedding that deviates from the 'norm' then this site should be your number one resource.
Offbeat Bride's coolest features:
1. Snark free wedding community that fully embraces unconventional couples.
2. Members only tribe with access to insider tips and tricks.
3. Real life offbeat weddings to feast your eyes on.
Plan, book, and shop for your wedding with inspiration as your guide. Sometimes all you need is a little inspiration to get your wedding planning well underway, and that's where OneWed comes in. OneWed provides innovative software and support to make planning hassle free. Utilize their proprietary matching technology to team you up with the perfect vendors, harness the power of their extraordinary planning checklists, and get all your pressing questions answered by their amazing support team.
OneWed's coolest features:
1. No end of beautiful awe inspiring wedding photography.
2. Wedding inspiration from OneWed available in app form.
3. Tools and support to make wedding planning smarter and better.
If you haven't already found a place to register for your wedding then why not sign up with Amazon? You might not know it, but Amazon has a wedding registry section dedicated exclusively to up and coming newlyweds. Juggling multiple registries with all your favorite stores can be hectic to say the least, but with Amazon the process is super simple. Offering an incredible selection from fine china to gorgeous homeware, you can create the perfect wedding registry in no time.
Amazon's coolest features:
1. Free shipping on orders of $25 or more
2. Receive bonus gifts when you register with select vendors.
3. Add items from all over the world.
How can Etsy help simplify your wedding planning? Enter Etsy Weddings and Wedding Registry. Etsy Weddings is the place to go when you're on the hunt for unique handmade wedding items, as well as to find out all about the latest trends, how tos and expert advice on the all things wedding. Lusting after something you can't quite afford? Add it to your wedding registry. To accompany the experience of shopping for the big day, Etsy are also inviting brides and grooms to register for wedding gifts.
Etsy's coolest features:
1. Discover all the latest trends and get inspired.
2. Wide variety of gift ideas on the registry page to get you started.
3. Unique gifts for the next chapter of your life.
Updated daily by 20+ real brides across the US and Canada, Weddingbee is read obsessively by brides, grooms, bridesmaids, women, wedding vendors and industry insiders alike. The core focus of Weddingbee is the wedding planning journeys of real brides, from engagement right through to 'I Do'. The vibrant and active community is the ideal place to come and ask for advice, as well as to vent any wedding frustrations you have.
Weddingbee's coolest features:
1. Bustling boards ready to answer all your wedding related questions in the drop of a hat.
2. Loads of DIY wedding ideas, templates and projects.
3. Real brides share all their wedding planning pics in the gallery section.
What are your favorite wedding planning tools? Share with us in the comments below...