You've found your soulmate and you're ready to get hitched without the usually wedding stress. If you're worried about eloping, worry no more. Here are the top 10 reasons why eloping just might be the prefect idea for you and your fiance.
1. Let’s face it, weddings are expensive. On average, a wedding costs about $26,000, and that doesn’t even include the honeymoon! You could easily elope for a fraction of the traditional wedding cost, leaving you with a savings that you can put towards your future together.
2. You can choose your dream destination. The sky is the limit when it comes to picking your elopement destination. Whether you choose a sandy beach at Cayo Espanto in Belize or a boutique hotel like The Wild Rabbit in Oxfordshire, England, you don’t have to worry about which location is most convenient for guests. It can be all about you and yours.
3. You will be able to enjoy an intimate ceremony where you can express how you feel about your partner, without having to deal with the nerves of standing in front of hundreds of people. You can take all the time that you want and enjoy the moments together without worrying about following a program.
4. You will not have to stress about last minute details on your big day. There won’t be any drama to deal with such as late caterers or mixed up seating arrangements. Eloping can be as simple as you want it to be, but it’ll still feel like your BIG day!
5. One of the best parts about eloping to your dream destination is that you get to start honeymooning right away. What better way to start your journey together as a married couple than to go straight from your ceremony right into honeymoon mode!
6. There is a lot less time needed to prepare for an elopement than there is for a wedding. If you’re in a hurry to get married, eloping may be the best choice. If you’re trying to keep your plans a secret, this is also the best option.
7. No hurt feelings. There’s no need to choose bridesmaids or make sure everyone in the family has a special part to play in the wedding. You also won’t have to worry about whether or not you should invite your parents' neighbors and your high school friends. Although this may not go over well with your relatives, eloping gives you the freedom to invite just your close relatives... or no one at all.
8. Perhaps you just aren’t the planning type. If you simply don't have a knack for planning an event, then eloping is a great solution. All that you absolutely need to prepare is the paperwork to legalize your marriage (and you should also make sure you're ready for some mixed reactions when you announce that you've eloped). If you want to wear a bridal gown, go ahead. If not, then don’t. You won't have this kind freedom if you have a traditional wedding.
9. Focus on each other, not the party. You two can actually spend the entire day together. No need to wait around for photographers or spend time greeting dozens of guests and talking with long lost relatives until well after the party is over.
10. Once you’re back from your elopement/honeymoon, you can always have a party at home with all of your family and friends. You can plan a reception with as many or as few guests as you’d like. It’d be a great chance for everyone to congratulate you in a relaxed and informal way.
Are you thinking about eloping? Let us know what dream destinations you have in mind in the comments below.